For correction of urinary incontinence, we offer the following surgeries:
- Midurethral slings (tension free and transobturator vaginal tapes)
- Abdominal Burch procedure
- Periurethral injections
- Botulinum toxin injections into the bladder muscle
For correction of pelvic organ prolapse, we offer the following surgeries:
- Vaginal cystocele and rectocele repairs
- Vaginal paravaginal repair with mesh reinforcement
- Vaginal enterocele repair
- Vaginal apical support repairs
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic sacrocolpopexy
- Laparoscopic sacral hysteropexy
- Open abdominal sacrocolpopexy
- Open abdominal sacral hysteropexy
- Open abdominal rectopexy
For correction of fistulas, we offer Surgisis fistula plugs as well as vaginal and abdominal approaches to repair. Graft interposition may also be performed.
For correction of fecal incontinence, we offer anal sphincteroplasty.
For other gynecologic conditions, we also offer a wide range of other surgeries which include but are not limited to the following:
- Loop electroexcision procedure
- Diagnostic and operative hysteroscopy
- Diagnostic and operative laparoscopy
- Laparoscopic ovarian surgery
- Hysteroscopic endometrial ablation
- Hysteroscopic and open myomectomy
- Cyst excision
- Perineal scar revision
- Vaginal and abominal hysterectomy with or without removal of the ovaries
Please note that we follow surgical outcomes closely and routinely up to one year after surgery.
Many of our patients are enrolled in various surgical outcomes trials which are ongoing at our Centre.
We use several materials for reinforcement during surgery. These materials include synthetic or biologic products. For more information regarding the use of synthetic mesh in pelvic reconstructive surgery, please consult the following documents: healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-alert-rappel-avis/hc-sc/2014/39475a-eng.php and iuga.org/?page=slings